Sorry I didn't get these up sooner, but I took them late last night and I've been soooo busy! This morning, I had to bring in 200 hay bales from the field, so no time to work on blogging or photography! D:
These pictures were taken with a Quantaray external optical slave flash ($20 or so) that can produce some nice effects. It doesn't have any adjustable settings like brightness, so you've got to be creative! I made a dark backdrop by hanging a dark green blanket over a door and set my camera on a tripod.
I used GIMP and Picasa to edit these pictures, making gauzy glows, retouching, and changing color temperatures.
These pictures were taken with a Quantaray external optical slave flash ($20 or so) that can produce some nice effects. It doesn't have any adjustable settings like brightness, so you've got to be creative! I made a dark backdrop by hanging a dark green blanket over a door and set my camera on a tripod.
I used GIMP and Picasa to edit these pictures, making gauzy glows, retouching, and changing color temperatures.
These are only a few of the many lighting options with an external slave; in both of these shots, I set the camera to manual and did a long exposure, firing the flash when the shutter was open.


1 comment
Hi!! This is a test comment :D
Post a Comment